In the midst of school shutdowns, homestay orders, government lockdowns and this global pandemic, our army of grassroots Local Heroes continue to work tirelessly. We are checking in with our partners day and night, listening and adjusting to their vital and ever-evolving needs.
In one week alone, we were able to provide over $45,000 in Emergency Grants to our partners on the frontlines of the pandemic, helping them give children and their families access to food, health care and educational resources.
Our work is just beginning. We will remain by their sides, addressing their most pressing needs, just like we always have. Right now:
- $5 can provide food and hygiene supplies for a street child for over 2 weeks
- $10 can provide face mask for ten health care clinic workers
- $25 can provide over 2 liters of powdered milk to a family
- $50 can provide food and hygiene supplies for 25 street children for one week
- $150 provides 10 liters of water for hand washing as well as soaps, sanitizers, hand towel and tissues, masks and nutritious food to a family
- $300 can provide 1,000 cooked meals
- $1,500 provides 50 children with home school supplies
New needs will likely arise every day, and as we always have, we’ll adjust to our partners’ needs and show how a small amount can make a BIG difference for vulnerable children all over the world. We are so grateful to the generous GO Campaign community for continuing to support our Local Heroes on the frontlines. We couldn’t do it without your kindness and generosity. Wishing everyone safety and health in the weeks to come.
Read more about what these emergency grants are doing here.