PROGRAM OFFICER (Part-Time):
GO Campaign is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Program Officer. Under the leadership of the Director of Programs, the Program Officer will manage and evaluate a portfolio of grants to ensure grantees are in compliance with their grant awards. The Program Officer is the primary liaison with assigned grantees. The Program Officer is expected to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of grantees, and a knowledge base of current trends, activities, and changes within the community at-large and the international development sector. In addition, he/she will work cooperatively with all members of the department as well as with all other GO Campaign staff. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and analytical skills, in-depth knowledge of grant management and the nonprofit sector, and will be a team player capable of putting the common good first.
A successful candidate will embody the following values:
Integrity – To operate with respect, honesty, accountability, and fairness
Excellence – To aspire to the highest standards in everything he/she does
Inclusion – To embrace the contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives
Generosity – To support sharing in all its forms to improve the department, the organizations, and the work of our grantees
About GO Campaign: GO Campaign is a nonprofit public charity; its mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children around the world by partnering with local heroes to deliver local solutions. GO Campaign connects donors to high-impact grassroots projects aimed at changing lives and transforming communities, one child at a time. We currently have 50 active grantee partners which reside in the United States and abroad implementing projects in the areas of education & vocational training, care for orphans, health & safety, and enrichment.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of priority grants and serve as GO Campaign’s principal contact with these grantees
- Monitor grants in progress and review grants that have completed their grant period to determine if they have achieved their grant outcomes
- Keep GO Campaign staff informed about grants and initiatives
- Maintain strong rapport with grantees and keep informed on community issues and events that impact their organization or their grant award
- Provide assistance to grant recipients organizations, as necessary, to direct them to other resources for organizational development, funding, and program ideas
- Execute program monitoring process for grants and special projects; assure that all pre-grant and open grant management requirements are met, including issuing of grant agreement, disbursing funds, and reviewing reports
- Analyzing financial documents submitted with grant reports to assess appropriate use of grant funds
- Engaging with grantees to obtain additional information and to answer all inquiries in a timely, service-oriented manner
- Ensure that grant files are complete, accurate and current.
- Maintain statistical information regarding GO Campaign’s grant-making activity and impact
- Conduct site visits to Los Angeles-based grantees to evaluate grant progress
- Assist with the communication of information about GO Campaign’s grants and their impact to various audiences
- Help support new initiatives as they are created
- Work occasional nights and weekends when required to ensure grantee compliance
- Participate in regular program department meetings and other internal meetings as required
- Perform other tasks as needed within a lean, multi-tasking staff-team structure
- Commitment to GO Campaign’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; diplomatic, tactful, honest, and fair
- 1-2+ years of grant administration experience required
- Knowledge of program evaluation and experience communicating grant impact
- Well-developed research skills; the ability to synthesize new and complex information
- Ability to use sound judgment and remain objective
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- A college degree
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Familiarity with technology, ability to learn and adopt new computer programs, and ability to effectively integrate that technology into daily work
- Keen conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking skills; an inquisitive nature
- Ability to find the appropriate balance between working within the team environment and working independently
- Ability to take ownership of the position and work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to excellence; self-motivated; and service-orientated
- A sense of humor
- A love of dogs is a plus!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Program Officer Application – (Your First and Last Name) in the subject line.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Ideal candidate will have Spanish language skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: