MARKETING & COMMUNICATION MANAGER
GO Campaign is currently seeking a Marketing and Communication Manager. Under the leadership of the Development Director, the Marketing and Communication Manager will develop materials for internal and external use to deliver GO Campaign’s messages to key stakeholders, donors, the public and the media. The Marketing and Communication Manager will become the organization’s key storyteller – responsible for the development of publications, curating content for social media, managing website content and uploading, facilitating marketing campaigns, and creating collateral for events. In addition, he/she will serve as the major bridge between our Programming and Development departments and will be able to collaborate effectively with all members of these department as well as with all other GO Campaign staff. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, possess superior written communication and editing skills, 2-5 years of experience in a similar role, in-depth knowledge of marketing and communication strategy and trends, and will be a team player capable of putting the common good first. We are seeking a detail-oriented, well-organized candidate with enthusiasm, creativity, a positive perspective, sense of humor, and can-do attitude—someone who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
About GO Campaign: GO Campaign is a nonprofit public charity; its mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children throughout the world by partnering with pioneering local heroes to deliver local solutions. GO Campaign connects donors to high-impact grassroots projects aimed at changing lives and transforming communities, one child at a time. GO Campaign is working to brand itself as one of the premier philanthropic organizations allowing donors to connect with a cause they’re passionate about and with more than just money. Donors experience firsthand how they can become the change they want to see. We currently run three social media campaigns annually, have plans to update our website, are looking to grow our social media footprint across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, want to create opportunities for increased donor involvement, and are developing collateral to engage new corporate sponsors and strengthen GO Campaign’s brand.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a system to uncover, develop and publish compelling stories based on our work.
- Enhance GO Campaign’s brand. Help our key stakeholders understand our mission and how it’s relevant to them while simultaneously increasing public awareness
- Evolve GO Campaign’s current marketing to create a stronger connection to and relationship with the GO Campaign brand and the values it represents.
- Understand and articulate GO Campaign’s messaging strategy and ensure that all communications (newsletters, blog posts, etc.) are consistent with GO Campaign’s brand and purpose.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and GO Campaign’s website.
- Manage the communication of information obtained from GO Campaign’s projects/grantees- to key stakeholders, targeted groups, donors, and the general community.
- Coordinate production of other targeted appeals, including annual, spring and holiday appeal
- Provide content for thank you letters.
- Create and manage social media content and strategy.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the GO Campaign network over time.
- Coordinate and implement all social media fundraising campaigns and ensure that financial targets are met.
- Build and manage social media contacts database and integrate with existing donor database.
- Create and manage all program-related content for all GO Campaign’s social media outlets.
- Develop new content for website, prepare event pages and fundraising pages.
- Create and upload content onto the website for new grant projects and regularly update existing content on website via WordPress.
- Create and manage all program-related content for all GO Campaign’s communications outlets such as website.
- Manage content ensuring that the website is accurate, accessible, and relevant.
- Work occasional nights and weekends when required to meet deadlines and/or provide support at GO Campaign events.
- Participate in regular staff and other internal meetings.
- Perform other tasks as needed within a lean, multi-tasking staff-team structure.
- Commitment to GO Campaign’s mission
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- 2-5 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or a related communications field
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design experience and mastery of Photoshop required
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Premiere, and Invision
- Experience managing websites required
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once
- Proficiency is expected with the most recent Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, and PowerPoint; and a general comfort level with technology, including web sites and social networking sites
- Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact, and eTapestry preferred
- The successful candidate should have a pleasant, professional manner and appearance
- Must be available October 1st– December 15th for annual event and for year-end solicitations
- A valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance are required as well as access to an automobile for local travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a full comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: