The Fund-A-Need appeals at our Gala are the most important and impactful fundraising campaigns of our year. We count on you to take a stand with us and change the lives of children in need. If you are unable to attend our Gala, you can still join us in making an impact on these life-saving programs:
New Beginnings for Sexual Assault Survivors and other Greatest Needs
Did you know that in 2016 alone India recorded 106 rapes a day and four out of every ten victims were minors? As brutal child rape cases in India continue to make international news, it has once again brought into focus the safety of women in India, especially children. Red Brigade is a group of teenage girls who patrol the streets of Lucknow, India, protecting girls from sexual harassment and assault. These young warriors are rape survivors themselves who refuse to be quiet, educating girls in self-defense and lobbying the government for justice. With your help, we can assist the courageous girls of Red Brigade and other pioneering Local Heroes who are championing human rights for children. Help us keep girls in India and around the world safe from sexual assault, sexual slavery, and other barriers to justice.
- $1,200 Provide 100 survivors with peer counseling and self-defense training
- $750 Provide 25 survivors of sexual assault with 1 month of vocational training
- $300 Provide microloans to help 2 girls start their own small business, enabling them to avoid the sex trade and to support their families
Addressing the Needs of Children on our Southern Border and across the US
There are currently 13,000 detained migrant children in federal custody across the United States. This is the most ever recorded and more than five times the number of children held last summer. With your help, we can fight to keep families together and improve the lives of children that remain separated from their parents due to current immigration policies. This is not a political issue. No matter what our politics, none of us want children to suffer innocently. This is something we can all agree on. This year alone Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Centre in El Paso has provided free legal advice to over 300 families but many more urgently need help. With your support, GO Campaign can help Las Americas reunite more families and serve the legal needs of immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers, and we can support more children in need across the USA and in our own backyard.
- $2,000 Will provide 20 hours of legal representation to a detainee to help them navigate the harrowing system separating parents and children
- $1,000 Will enable families to apply for asylum in a detainee case so they can legally stay in the country
- $500 Will enable families to apply for a bond in a detainee case so parents and their children can be released and reunited