SAVE THE DATE – Saturday, June 13, 2020
GO Campaign is excited to partner once again with Vintage Hollywood for the 19th annual Wine and Food Event on Saturday, June 13th, 2020!
Held at a beautiful private estate in Bel Air Vintage Hollywood is an intimate outdoor event attended by approximately 400 guests and features exclusive wineries and food from some of the area’s top restaurants, as well as beautiful vehicles in partnership with our good friends at ICON.
100% of Vintage Hollywood’s net proceeds will be dedicated to GO Campaign’s work throughout Southern California. In Los Angeles alone, GO Campaign partners with 18 (and counting!) grassroots organizations that run programs to improve the lives of children in under-served communities. From foster youth to teen moms to unaccompanied minors to kids impacted by gang violence and more, our Local Heroes are fighting for our cities’ most vulnerable youth.
2019 Southern California Impact
At last year’s Vintage Hollywood Event benefitting GO Campaign and our work across Southern California, we raised more than $400,000 to support 18 Local Heroes who run programs dedicated to improving the lives of over 3,000 children (and counting) in under-served communities. From foster youth, to teen moms, to unaccompanied minors, to children impacted by gang violence and more, our Local Heroes are fighting for our cities’ most vulnerable youth and you helped us to reach even more children who are so deserving of help right here in our own backyard!
Thanks to the generous funds raised at Vintage Hollywood, GO Campaign is making the following opportunities possible:
- Mentorship and support for students in Crenshaw to continue their education. One youth, Doreon, shared that more than 15 of his friends had been shot or incarcerated and that he felt pressured to join a gang until he participated in the mentorship program. Doreon is now working to enter a local trade school.
- On-the-Ground relief assistance to hundreds of children and their families at the San Diego-Tijuana border.
- Anti-bullying program for students in Watts. Evana, 9 years old, was being bullied at school by her classmates. She was unable to channel her feelings until her mother brought her to the boxing program run by Watts Community Core. Since joining the program, Evana learned to defend herself and her confidence has risen significantly. She is no longer intimidated or afraid to go to school.
- Anger management and therapy support to former gang members as well as victims of gang and gun violence in Watts.
- Intensive literacy support to elementary students in Exposition Park to develop the reading and comprehension skills required to succeed in school.
- 2 vocational training fashion design programs for foster youth in Pasadena and Rosemead.
- Mentorship and career counseling for students in South LA, opening them up to new career opportunities.
- Tutoring services to elementary students in Lincoln Heights so that they can reach their full potential and no longer struggle with class work.
- Reentry services to recently released juveniles by opening a resource center in Santa Barbara County juveniles. Daniel has been in and out of jail since the age of 13. GO Campaign Partner, Freedom 4 Youth, helped to get Daniel’s life on track by enrolling him in school and helping him to gain housing. Thanks to their support, Daniel completed and passed his first semester of classes and plans to run his own business in the future. Daniel sees opportunities in his future that he never imagined possible!